TDM and Native

matt_barlow

I was on the waves website and I was wandering what the difference between TDM and Native versions of there products are. The TDM version cost twice the price of the Native version and I was wandering what was difference and if it was worth the money. Thanks in advance, Matt

matt_barlow said:
I was on the waves website and I was wandering what the difference between TDM and Native versions of there products are. The TDM version cost twice the price of the Native version and I was wandering what was difference and if it was worth the money. Thanks in advance, Matt

they cost twice the price because TDM version plugs are aimed at the "professionals"(those who make a living off this) and u need a Pro Tools TDM system which starts at about 7-8gees, the TDM system is a seperate DSP system which process the plug-in w/o using the computers resources, this provides no latency and doesn't hog CPU resources

Native version are aimed at home users u don't need a separate DSP system to use these plugs just a regular computer

Back