tc electronics m350 and fw1082 hookup

starsxandxslits

my gear that's relevant is as follows:

tascam fw1082
cubase sx3
rolls 6ch headphone amp

my situation is thus:

i record usually live demos of bands and i have no way of monitoring effects. i would like to hear some compression on the drums and just some nice reverb on the vocals and maybe guitar or whatnot...the tc electronics m350 has spdif i/o as does my tascam board...how, if even at all possible, would i be able to monitor individual effects on seperate channels befor it hits the cue outputs? i have a kind of important session coming up and would like to provide these guys with the most rewarding, comfortable experience as possible.

With only one M350 you are only going to be able to do one effect/reverb at a time. Unless you use plugins, but be careful on the added latency when you add plugs, heck adding the M350 to a live setup is going to add a little extra latency. Anyways for M350 you need to setup a external effects send and return, it will be one of your 8 effects slots for whatever channel you decide to put it on. You have to tell Cubase what out and what in you will be using, use the SPIDF if you can, that way the signal stays digital all the way thru. Then another slot on that channel can be the VST control for the M350.

Back