Taylor Baby

solaris1982

Just wondering something...

I was doodling around at Guitar Center last weekend, looking for a smaller guitar that a student in our church youth group could possibly learn on. I grabbed a Baby Taylor (the 3/4...I think the big baby is either 7/8 or 15/16), and I was completely stupified at how big it sounded. Seemed a bit louder on the treble end, but the bass end sounded really full too. I was just curious if anyone has tried to record with one of these, and if so, how did it sound?

The Big Baby is a full sized guitar - it's just the construction is similar to the Baby.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Ah...thanks for the clarification. I actually thought of another question you're more than qualified to answer.

Would the Mahogany top version of the baby do anything to tame the highs? Or is my (limited) understanding of woods off?

Ah...thanks for the clarification. I actually thought of another question you're more than qualified to answer.

Would the Mahogany top version of the baby do anything to tame the highs? Or is my (limited) understanding of woods off?

Possibly. Give it a try. My dad makes a lot of piccolo guitars, and about half the time they get mahogany tops. I don't know that I would say they "tame" the highs, but they do sound different. Unfortunately, this is one of those areas where, to quote Steve Martin (who was paraphrasing someone else, I believe), "talking about sound is like dancing about architecture."

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Back