TASCAM Wallpaper

Been working on a few more JBL studio monitor wallpaper shots and found a fairly obscure pair of 4344MKII's. It's hard to gauge their size from this rendering but the woofers are 15 inchers, so that should help aid in scaling them.

View attachment 80947

right click to download...

Cheers! :)

Last edited:
I freaked out when I saw these speakers while hunting around for more JBL monitors to work into wallpaper shots. These have to be the only speakers in the world with built in deck rails which I guess come in handy for moving these beasts about or if you want to climb up the back of them to adjust the horn positions which are on slide rails! Interesting too how the cosmetic theme that Technics used on their RS-1500 reel to reel deck also can be seen on these behemoths from the same company.

Anyway, here they are, the Technics SB-9500 loud speakers! :D

View attachment 80959

Right click to download the wallpaper...

Back on topic, here's another wallpaper of the infamous TASCAM 133 deck. This one with some added wood trim and an insane amount of post processing to straighten out and clean up the original shot which came from an ebay ad from about a year ago that I saved just for the hell of it.

View attachment 81043

right click to download the full sized file...

Been on a bit of an MCI scavenger hunt the past couple days ever since sweetbeats resurrected his JH416 thread and didn't find much of anything usable for here but did come across a shot of the JH110 4 track recorder's electronics which just needed to be straighten out a bit to fit in with my fetish for seeing decently centered and level shots.

Anyway, here's the MCI JH-110 electronics modules...

View attachment 81065

right click to download the wallpaper sized file...

Here's another Frankenstein project due to there being no usable images out there of the following piece, the tascam MU-40 meter unit. I did a couple of other meter unit renders a few pages back but never bothered to do one of the real unit until today! Thanks to sweetbeats for providing an image of his old M520 meter bridge as those are the same model number of VU meter and I used one of those to be the meters in this one. The rest of it was created out of ones and zeros via rendering it in Photoshop...

View attachment 81092

right click to download the wallpaper file...

A couple more missing TASCAM pieces. The first an M-1B which I stitched together from two different shots and the second, an RC-51 remote control for the 58 deck which is a rendering for the most part with a few borrowed elements from the real remote.

View attachment 81116

View attachment 81117

right click on the image to view the wallpaper sized files...

This next one is another in my Frankenstein series, the TASCAM 122 MkII. I tried hunting around on the web for a decent fixable shot of one to work from and couldn't even find one usable image. So I drew up a template of the face-plate based on the dimensions from the manual and then started assembling each component into position for my files and also painted other parts in where no usable images were available. Took about 2 days to put this together but I was pleased with the finished result.

Real of Memorex? :D

View attachment 81170

right click the image to download the wallpaper...

Been looking for a nice head on shot of the TASCAM 42 for longer then I can remember and stumbled upon one earlier today from our Japanese friends on the Yahoo blog pages, which are mighty tough to navigate when you don't speak the language! :D

Anyway, found one and just needed a bit of straightening out and a reel change over as I didn't like the original tascam reels with the Studer hubs, so I replaced them with my own vintage 456 reels making this an east meets west collaboration!

View attachment 81181

right click the image to download the wallpaper...

This would be the grand pappy to the 122 MK 2 and 3, the 122 "classic". Needless to say, it was petty fruitless asking if anyone here had one and the offerings on ebay, photo-wise were pretty horrific. So I decided to try out the WayBack machine web site which is supposed to archive the entire internet and focused my search to the official tascam.com early website and sure enough found a standard issue press release shot of the 122 which looked like it was taken with a film camera and this appeared to be a scan of the negative. Anyway, it needed a whole bunch of colour correction but otherwise was a nice, usable head on image, (my favourite kind!)

View attachment 81244

right click the image to download the wallpaper file...

One last one for today, I had some tiny, really poor photos of the Teac VS-88 in my files but nothing that was usable for a wallpaper shot. What is the VS-88? It was an optional external pitch control unit for the 80-8 recorder. An oddball item to be sure!

I got the brainstorm to try and render one and took a picture of an old cigar box that was roughly the same shape and size and shot that as a reference to render the VS-88 at the corresponding angles. So basically, I took this:

View attachment 81278

And turned it into this:

View attachment 81279

right click, yada, yada...

I've done a couple of TASCAM 52 wallpapers already but none of the original and more basic version which only had the RCA pin jack -10db connections and no external level controls on the front. So. I figured I might as well add that version to the dog pile here.

View attachment 81298

I did a render of a TASCAM RC-65 remote a couple of years back and while I was happy with it at the time, I came to realize that I had a lot of the placements of the controls out of position and did the basic face face plate wrong as it has rounded off top and bottom edges like the AQ-65. So I decided to take a fresh stab at a render of it...

View attachment 81343

right click to download the wallpaper file...

I think with this one, I've completed the tascam system enhancement series and this one too is a "Frankenstein" production which took the better part of a day to put together, the MX-80. Except for knobs, everything was hand made in photoshop and I think its convincing enough to pass for the real thing...which is kind of scary! :eek:

View attachment 81385

right click to download the wallpaper file.

This next one is from TASCAM's later and fading analog glory era, the M-1516. This was a 4 buss mixer that was available in 8, 16 and 24 channel sizes...not sure if there was anything larger then that past 24?

Anyway, I had an image of one of these sitting on my computer for the past 3 or 4 years and never did anything with it as the original image was badly warped and the mixer pretty dinged up with a lot of scratches and gouges! But I applied a bit of digital silly putty to it and straightened it out a bit.

View attachment 81450

right click to download the wallpaper file.

This next one also came from the same place as where I found the press release shot of the 122 cassette deck. This is the M-5000 automated mixing console. The original shot was taken in a professional photo studio but the mixer was so large that they couldn't fit all of it into the infinity backdrop and half of it remained exposed to a bare floor! So I carefully cut it out and redid a new background to it and left out the original computer monitor which was a behemoth CRT tube display that they had clumsily placed on top of it with the aid of a speaker stand to hold it up. Basically, a real low budget rush job as far as putting the original shot together. Shame on them! :D

Anyway, I really know next to nothing about this board as it was undoubtedly insanely expensive and designed to compete with other large frame automated consoles of the day in the mid to late 90's.

The M-5000

View attachment 81465

Back