Tascam US 1800

keneds

Hello, I just picked up a Tascam US 1800....I am running Sonar X2. When I choose a track input the menu only lists the odd input numbers for the interface. Running in ASIO mode. Playback is fine, And it seems to record fine when I pick one of the odd numbered inputs, But where are all of the other inputs? This is not good........ Thanks, Ken:confused:

Are you sure it's just giving you the odd number channels? I don't have the 1800, I have the 800. But if they're pretty much the same, it should give you "1/2 left". "1/2 right", "3/4 left", "3/4 right", etc.....

Take a snapshot of your input screen, and attach it here. Maybe we can figure something out. I have never used Sonar, but maybe it has something to do with stereo channels. One channel cant possibly be stereo, so something sounds strange...

Pretty much what I said above, sort of.

Left is the odd channels, right is the even channels.

So,

LEFT......mic 1 is channel 1

RIGHT...mic 1 is channel 2

LEFT.....mic 3 is channel 3

RIGHT...mic 3 is channel 4

etc.....

Sounds like it could work. Does not seem right though. All inputs should be listed in your DAW. Again, not a user of Sonar so.....

RAMI, You nailed it. Thanks for your help. Although it is a very poor way to identify inputs, the manual should identify the way it is set up. The good thing is that it works.

Although it is a very poor way to identify inputs.

I agree 100%. Luckily, I already had to deal with the 800's way of identifying the inputs, so I had an idea that it was something like that.

Rock on man. :cool:

Glad you got it figured out.

The 800 has it's own way of directing input channels with it's control panel. The 1800 does not have its own control panel for inputs, like the 800.

It is very cool that the software keneds was using, was helped by the way you described RAMI. Seems every program has it's unique s**t to deal with.

Props to you RAMI!

I hear ya man. I have tried to leave Cubase, and just can't seem to teach this dog a new trick. What is comfortable, is usually what we stick with.

Back