tascam reel to REAL problem

James Thorsen

I have a question concerning my Tascam...It's a Tascam 70 series reel to reel four track...the recorder powers up fine...the power light goes on as well as the dial lights, however, the play - f.f. - r.w.- stop area does not seem to be powering the mechanics of the actual reel mechanisms...I think that it's the fact that maybe a wire isn't completely running through the entire recorder...Although I don't have too much experience with these recorders, so I'm not really sure...I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I haven't tried to play any tape on it yet - does there need to be tape on the reel to make it at least spin? Any help would be more than appreciated, I want to get this project off the ground. Thanks!

Yes, there has to be a tape on it for the hubs to spin, but you can test it by lifting up on the right tension arm while pressing play. The tension arm is just to the right of the rubber roller. Hold it at about center position.

:cool:

speakers

I also want to hook some speakers to my 488 , I am in search of some monitors right now (if anyone has some for sale email me)but would it be possible to hook computer speakers up that are self powered until I get monitors? And would I hook them up the same way as stated above , there is only one jack could I still possibly hook them into the headphone jack?

Back