Tascam Model 24 not connecting with DAW

Joshua Prieb

Greetings all. I recently purchased the Tascam Model 24 as it advertises that you can use it for multitrack simultaneous usage with a DAW in real time showing each channel on the DAW. I have tried several DAWs and nothing is coming up.. I have the current ASIO driver installed, current Firmware for Tascam installed and the USB is connected and being recognized by the computer. I have tried both Audacity and Harrison Mixbus with no success.. It is like the board and computer need to "handshake" but are not doing so. I am able to play music from my computer through my board and hear in my studio monitors so I know there is a connection (although I do hear scratches in the audio once in a while) Any help would be of great assistance.

I suspect you need to go into the DAW settings and tell it to use the Tascam ASIO driver instead of the default driver.

Audacity can not use an ASIO driver and as far as I know it can not do multitrack. In Harrison Mixbus look at its setup to see if the input and output devices are available for the Tascam and set it so if it something else.

Yep, when I say "DAW" I mean "not Audacity." Though I'm surprised Audacity doesn't see it as a 2-channel I/O since the OS sees it.

Back