Tascam mkii us-122 or mbox mini 2???

Normally I'd say the TASCAM would be a no-brainer, obvious choice. It has 2 XLR inputs to the mini's one, and the mini is about to be discontinued, and the Tascam is about $100 cheaper.

But I've never seen reviews for a piece of gear so low on musiciansfriend. com as the ones for that Tascam unit. Weird. It apparently works fine with XP, but not with Windows 7.

i'm actually thinking about getting the US-122 cause its a solid price and Tascam has a good rep. How is the sound quality on this product?

well the tascam us 122 is pretty good, i own an audio technica at4040, but i dont find it very clear sounding for me, it kinda comes out pretty dull so i would always have to eq ALOT and compress ALOT
but all in all you can still get good sound from it tho! good for the price thats for sure

I dont have any experience with the 122, but i do own the 144, and for the price, its been working great for me. the downside to it is that the built im pre amp isnt to great, i had to go out and guy a tube pre. Other than that, its worth 150$

Back