tascam manuals

stevevdb

hi

when you want a good manual for your tascam it's usually a pricy thing to get one and often the copy isn't that good.

I bought a tascam 38 user manual and service manual. the text is ok but the detail of the technical drawings is not that ok anymore (maybe a copy of a copy).

Wouldn't it be great to set a ftp website where tascam users can get a free pdf file of the manual?
Studer and revox are did this and it is really great!
Look at this: ftp://ftp.studer.ch/Public/Products/Revox/

Any IT pro guys that know how to set this up?
You would help out a lot of tascam fans (including me).

You can get manuals free from the tascam sight. Just go to support and resources. Where you'll probably run into trouble is in support for older equipment.

hello everyone!
iv just been given a tascam 38,lucky me.
iv managed to track down reels for it at a cost of £43 each....?
im also goin to attempt getting the free manual so thanks for the info.
will this tell me what leads i need for it? im operating from a rather old MTR 12-8-2 SERIS2 DESK(this was given to me also with it).im looking at going from speaker type jack leads to phono i think....?(and back again!)
what sort of price should these be?
any other tips hints and info would be of the greatest help.
i have used recording equipment before but not starting from scratch as i am now.

http://www.mtraudio.com/user_guides_old.htm#Mix12/8/2series2

Looks like this console has unbalanced 1/4" in out. So you need rca (phono) to 1/4" (phone) cables. 2x8 at least. I don't have a manual for my 38, but it is fairly straight forward to operate. You can locate copied of the 32 and 34 manuals which will cover basic operations like tape threading etc. Record levels are set internally. Your console doesn't seem to have buss meters, so you can read off the 38. Prob setup for Ampex 456. RMGI 911 is similar tape.

Back