Tascam M30/Tascam 38-8

lee83

Hi folks
Looking for some advice.
I have acquired a Tascam M30 and a Tascam 38-8 Reel to Reel both serviced regularly and working well. I decided to connect the pair up the other day along with some outboard gear to start working on a new project. Before I did this I read through the manual to understand all the Tascam m30's functions and routing capabilities within the mixer.

I set the Tascam 38 to "sync" mode and proceeded to record a basic metronome from my daw to the 38 onto track 1. On playback it came through via the "Submix" section on the Tascam M30 perfectly fine, then on track 2 I recorded a basic guitar again in "sync" on the 38. Listening back in "Sync" I noticed that the guitar track was completely out of time with the percussion on track 1. I'm thinking that the reason being is something I've done within in the M30 which is causing this problem. I feel it's something simple but after a lot of head banging and profanities I can't seem to work it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks Lee.

There is no way the M30 would add any appreciable delay when doing an overdub
FYI - once aligned, the 38 should be left in sync mode. The repro head is only used for ease of alignment.

Many thanks for your message. I've exhausted all other options I think it's down to "Sync" head not working properly it's the only feasible explanation from this point on.

Back