Tascam M-1516 Mixer

BeatleFred

I just acquired one, was just wondering what the general consensus is on this particular model, compared with similar
Teac/Taascam mixers made before/after. ps: need operating manual, contacted Teac/Tascam to buy, awaiting reply, or, if anyone else
has one to send (paper/pdf etc), free, or $ fee, just let me know.

Attachments

• tascamm1516.jpg
    tascamm1516.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 482
Sond quality is pretty decent but the one I've used was a bit noisy. Hiss. Works fine for rock stuff. They may be a bit noisy due to age but I couldn't tell you that. I liked the press OK. It sounded better than the Mackie 8 buss beside it did, but the Mackie was quieter and more hi fi sounding. The Tascam had a little more heft and was darker sounding. 1516 sounded a bit like the M-3500 I used to have but the EQ was not as good.

Hi

I was lucky enough to get this great console for a nice price, with PSU and manual.
I scanned it and upoladed the pdf on audiofanzine, I can't post the direct link because I don't have enough posts, but you'll certainly find it.

Enjoy

Hth

Make sure you are muting the monitor section when mixing down. The monitor section adds noise to the stereo out.

Back