Tascam FW1804 - can anyone recomend these??

raindogred

They are having a sale on these at the moment -can get them for $800.00 australian - which seems pretty reasonable.

I'm looking for about 16 tracks input and was even considering buying 2 of these to synch up.
What is the overall sound quality like and the perfomrance etc. Any info - good or bad - let me know.

have used as hoontech PCI thingo for years - so I,m thinking this should be a step up in quality from that box.

any info appreciated

i've got the 1884 and like most it's a love hate thing to be honest... tascam support is nonexistant so hope you can figure it out on your own... as to quality... it's pretty top notch for the dough... convertors are real clean... the pre's are very usable...

I've got the little brother FW1082. For me it was a great purchase. Doesn't function 100% with all software but is fairly stable and is fun to use.

I like mine

I bought FW1082 a couple of months ago and played around with a little bit.
I was quite surprised how good it sounded even the built pres are decent.
What was even move amazing was how well it integrated with my 1010 cards I had in the same machine at the time. The use as a control surface to cotrol
ALL interfaces was really great. I still have the unit and will be using it with my laptop till Tascam gets around to developing some Vista drivers for it. That is longer than I can hold my breath. So right now I'm pretty much forced to use
a Motu 828MKII on my Vista DAW. I sure hope it will integrate with the Motu like it did with the 1010's on XP.
I did notice that the motorized sliders can get a little chattery some times. Do you guys have the same problems with your Tascams?

chattery is a fair description.... sometimes mine will vibrate rapidly when switching from mode to mode.

I bought the 1804 a couple of months ago,didn't realise at the time it only had 8 ins and 2 outs but with the addition of a behringer ada8000 via adat optical i've now got 16 in and 10 out.I've also added the lexicon mx200 via s/pdif which utilises the remainder ins and outs.Sound quality is great,highly recommend it.

cass72 said:
I bought the 1804 a couple of months ago,didn't realise at the time it only had 8 ins and 2 outs but with the addition of a behringer ada8000 via adat optical i've now got 16 in and 10 out.I've also added the lexicon mx200 via s/pdif which utilises the remainder ins and outs.Sound quality is great,highly recommend it.

16 in ? Don't you mean 10 in? Using SPDIF you can only track a stereo pair (sum mix) thru spdif in correct?

Back