Tascam DR40

Chasgroh

New to the forum...looking for advice on a new Tascam DR-40 I just purchased. Used the DR-40 nomenclature in the search window and nothing came up. I was directed here through a search for Tascam forums...*is* this a Tascam group, or recording in general?

OK! So, the XLR hookups are neat and one of the reasons I got this model...I do alot of surreptitious (ahem...heh) recordings so the DR 60, even tho more feature-packed, wasn't quite right...but I also belong to a concert band and am active in that community, so would like to record inside venues and spread the mics a bit...need a recommendation for a couple of condenser mics that fit the DR 40...?

Oh, ok. That's good - the question isn't DR-40 specific then, cos any XLR 'studio mic' will work fine. :)

Maybe post in the mic forum asking for recommendations for your application?

...correct...I was replying to you thinking you'd have a recommendation...thanks for the insight to the site!

One thing to know is that condenser mics use the phantom power from the DR40 which tends to shorten battery life. So I use the external power supply (wall wart) when I setup my recording toys.

I record vocal and acoustic guitar. Dynamic mic for vocal and I'll use any of AudioTechnica 2021 or 2035 or AKG P170 for condenser mics.
on the guitar (the 2035 is used rarely). I have no experience with other mics so this doesn't prove anything good or bad about them.

Back