tascam cd-rw700

Pbass75

i just ordered one of these units from musicians friend...buti wanted some more info on it so i called guitar center..and the salesman told me that the cd-rw700 only burn to that one kind of consumer grade cd...the ones that are more expensive...i could have sworn this burner would record on standard cd-r...the "red book" kind or whatever...the ones that are only like $.80 a piece...does anyone know the answer to this?

thanks in advance

ok i just talked to a tascam tech...and he said that the cd-rw700 records on "profesional cd-r's"....that DOES mean the inexpensive ones as opposed to the cd-r 'da' formats right? im really confused because when i did a search on this topic...someone a few months back said it WONT record on regular cd-r's...someone please help...thanks again

Read it for Yourself!

http://www.tascam.com/pdf/CD-RW700_manual.pdf

I read through this and it appears that it uses the cheapo media like my CDRW-5000 because the section describing what media is usable in this unit is pretty much identical to the same section in my manual. It's really strange that the TASCAM tech wouldn't state the facts more clearly. Not very strange about that story from Guitar Satan.

thanks doc.i appreciate it....wanna know exactly why the guitar center guy said that? well...everything was fine until i asked him if it was worth stepping up to the cd-rw2000 ($200 more) and THATS when he started telling me the machine that 4 seconds ago was gods gift...is now an obsolete piece of shit lol go figure

thanks again

Money Well Spent

I've had my CDRW-700 for 3 weeks now,and so far I feel it's one of the best purchases I've made in a long time.Thank God I never bought a DAT machine!Anyway,I can verify that the 700 indeed records to non consumer (read:less expensive)media although it will also record on the consumer stuff should a well intentioned aunt offer you some as a present over the holidays.BTW,in case you don't know,it's possible to defeat the SCMS encoding on the Tascam,the info is on their site.Cheers!

Records on anything

I have a CDRW700 too and love it. By the
way, it has recorded one every kind of CDR
I put in it, including a plain old data
disk at .69 cents each. This thing is
great.

Chuck

ok this may be a silly question...but is it in ANY way possible to hook the cdr-700 up to my computer and copy data files and stuff,or do i now have to go out and buy another burner just for my pc? i have a feeling the cdr-700 is just for audio...thanks again

Reply Pbass

Hi Pbass75,

Well, great question. Your over my head now.
I'm sure a reply will hit for you soon on
that question.

Chuck

I Love my CDR-700

The CDR-700 is a great unit for the dollar. I'm
glad I didn't fall for the higher dollar better
quality game. I think you only get more features
on the more expensive units, not quality burns.
My mix downs are now hot like commercial CDs!
Prior to having this unit I mixed down to a
TASCAM cassette deck and couldn't get the final
db output anywhere near a commercial CD level.
I wonder how this happened ?

Chuck

Back