Tascam backup files 2488 NEO

cygnus

I recently backed up most of the songs that I had stored on my NEO, exporting the data in the "tascam" file format. Do any of you know if the "tascam2488" file format is compatible with (any, most, all) other tascam products?

The reason I ask is because if in the future I decide to upgrade to say a DP24 will I still be able to restore these files?

I am considering instead to export all of the tracks to every song as "waves" instead, but I want to verify the "tascam2488" option first before I commit to such an undertaking.

Thanks

I can tell you that 2488, 2488 Neo and DP-24/32 backup files are not compatible with each other. You can't restore a file from one on another.

The only way to backup and restore on each other is with WAV file format.

I'm not real computer smart so please bare with me. I have a TASCAM 2488 and have everything backed up to CD. Are you saying I cannot use those CDs to restore to the DP-24

That's right. Each model has it own and exclusive backup format. If you want to transfer projects from NEo to DP-24 only in wav format, meaning each track one by one or stereo tracks and any settings will be saved.

Thanx. I guess It's time to go back to work and back them up on WAV.

The WAV files you back up on your 2488 will import perfectly to the DP-24, but take note of the song format on the 2488 (44.1K or 48K, and 16 or 24 bit) so when you create a new song on the DP-24 to bring them into, the format matches. If the format doesn't match, you'll get an error message stating "Unable to import".

I've backed tracks (in WAV format) off numerous songs we started on the 2488 and imported them to finish on the DP-24 with no issues at all.

Back