Tascam 788 & SCSI interfacing query...

fastestmanalive

Hi all,

I'm looking at picking up a used 788 Portastudio as an 'on-the-road' recording solution and have a question regarding the SCSI transfer.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to transfer each individual track onto my computer, so I can mix within Cubase. From what I understand, the 'backup transfer' feature on this product should allow me to do this... can anyone confirm?

If this feature only allows you to transfer bounced tracks then its not really suitable for me!

Thanks.

Lee.

I had the 788 for a few years until I moved up to the 2488, which I still use and love.

I don't remember 100%, but I thought that there was no way to transfer individual tracks. Don't quote me on that, though, but that's how I remember it.

You do know that it only records in 16bit, right?

I had the 788 for a few years until I moved up to the 2488, which I still use and love.

I don't remember 100%, but I thought that there was no way to transfer individual tracks. Don't quote me on that, though, but that's how I remember it.

You do know that it only records in 16bit, right?

788 records 24 bit. Computer file transfere requires a 788 specific burner (maybe difficult to find one) Then burn files to CD as wavs and upload this way.

788 records 24 bit. Computer file transfere requires a 788 specific burner (maybe difficult to find one) Then burn files to CD as wavs and upload this way.

Well, there you go. I told you I forgot a lot about it. :D

I think I actually still have the burner for it lying around somewhere. :eek:

Back