tascam 424mkii - help

triple

does anybody know of a place where you can still buy a brand new 424mkii...i found a place that still has a brand new 488mkii but no 424mkii...any help would be appreciated

here's the deal...i sold my 424mkii to help purchase a roland vs studio and now i have a box of master tapes that i can do nothing with...should i just buy the mkiii model or should i go to ebay and get another mkii...or take the plunge and buy the 488mkii brand new...does the 488mkii have line outs for each track

The 424mkII tapes are compatible with the new 424mkIII.

In general, the 424mkII can't be found new, and niether can the 488mkII, so a brand new 488mkII might be the nice score. However, even though the 488mkII is a great machine, cassette 8 track may not be everyone's favorite format, due to the extremely narrow track width. Also, the 488's heads won't be a 1:1 track match to the 424mkII's tapes, but it will be fairly close.

A decent used 424mkII can be found for about $220, so if you're on a budget that won't allow a new 424mkIII, the used mkII is the way to go.

If you want the best new 4 track Portastudio that will be most compatible with your older tapes, the 424mkIII is the way to go, currently being $329, new at GC.

Back