Tascam 388: Storing up on side ok?

LUNE

...a pieds joints
hi everyone,

I'm getting ready to leave the country for 2 months. I'm subletting my place to a friend and putting all my gear in a closet that will be relatively temperature / humidity controlled. I'm thinking of storing the 388 on its side so it stands tall leaning slightly against a wall. has anyone done this or is there some reason i should not store it this way but in another position? it would remain in that position for 2 months. i can't think of a reason why it wouldn't be ok, but wanted to ask you all here to be reassured (or reassess my storage plan...)

thanks for your thoughts,

LUNE

That should be fine. I can't imagine anything that would be wrong about it and I've had mine torn down so I know the 388's insides. Its plenty sturdy. Put it on its right side...the transformer and all the transport hardware is on that side and by putting it on that side you'll have the heavy side down so it'll be more stable, and just make sure it can't fall over and you should be golden.

It would be much safer to store it at my house. :D

But what you describe would be ok too... it's up to you.

and a strip of clear packing tape (with the end edges folded over for easy removal) across the plexiglass cover front edge to keep it closed/secure.

At the moment my 388 is stored flat under a bed inside a huge plastic bag ..

hey, thanks for the feedback, I feel better about packing already and haven't even washed the dishes yet!:D

Back