Tascam 388 out with EQ

MagnumPI

Hi guys, I know this question has been beat to death but Im trying to figure out a way to go 8 channels out of my 388 separately WITH THE EQ (to Digi 002). I really like the 388 EQ sound and would hate to lose it but Im feeling the limits of 8 tracks.
Is there a way?
I should say that having only 8 tracks has been really good for my musicianship this past month. When you MUST get the whole track sounding great you eventually start playing better. Also you start choosing parts that can fill space and are not throw away half ideas. Every track has to be 100%. Not a bad way to work .....but I am missing a bit. I suppose I could do a full album the way I hear it in my head with 12 tracks.

So if I can get 8 separately out with EQ into computer, then a few tracks straight through with 388 EQ it might all work. Is there a good way to go through the 388 and get the EQ? should I run it to tape while going out?

Sorry for the newbie question. I'm a musician first, still trying to figure out the technical world.

Looking at the signal flow diagram for the 388, the EQ is in the signal flow chain to the PGM buss outs if you're dealing with live tracks or taped tracks that are fed through the mixer as they might be for a mixdown situation. Just make sure each tape track is assigned to the mixer and that each assign button is selected to the related tape track and hard panned left or right.

There are also the direct 8 tape out jacks which would only include the EQ that you used during the tracking process to tape. If you want to further tweak the EQ on those taped tracks, don't use those jacks and instead use the PGM buss outs where the mixer's EQ can be employed.

Take a look at that signal flow diagram of your manual, as that will help you to visualize where and how the signals can flow though your 388. That's what I just did to answer your question.

Got the picture?

Cheers! :)

Select 388 Inputs 1-8 to Tape (or RMX).
Assign 388 Channels 1-8 to PGM 1-8, respectively.
Connect from 388's PGM OUTs 1-8 to your soundcard/interface Inputs 1-8, respectively.
:spank::eek:;)

Back