tascam 388 monitor gains/pan broken?

wylder

hello all ye analogs!
or am i missing something...
i have a tascam 388 and i think i've gone through it all correctly..but i can't get a monitor mix on the headphones...i think the monitor gains and pans are gone..would anyone know what the cause could be?

No telling for sure...

Check that no Red "L/R Stereo" assign button is depressed simultaneously as the White "1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8" assign buttons are pressed on any channel.

The L/R Stereo and Monitor subsystems share the same internal Master L/R-buss signal route to the outside world. Pressing any White assign button simultaneously as any Red assign button causes the 388 to go into auto-mute, to prevent an internal feedback loop.

That's my 2¢ about one of the major "gotchas" in operation that's not clearly stated in the manual.:eek:;)

On the Monitor subsystem, you must also use the headphone level control for overall levels, w/headphone section set to "Stereo".

haha
you fixed me...thanks..i was about to take it to somebody...
you're right..the explanation in the manual about how the monitor works is rather basic...i just got this machine and have been so stoked on it and was seriously bummed when i thought i discovered a problem...
no problem....i've actually read a lot of your posts about this machine so its fitting that you should answer my first question on here...
thanks for the info...that made my day...

Back