Tascam 388 Efx vs Aux

jrdamien

Can someone give me the lowdown on the difference between the two? For some reason I'm not wrapping my head around it.

I understand both are controlled by the master fader and level knobs above this fader, but they can be controlled by the channel knobs as well, correct?

I want to run a compressor through the aux buss for mixdown, levels controlled by each channel.

Im not too sure about the difference.They seem to be the same to me.
I can run a reverb unit through the eff loop and use the eff knob to control the amount for that channel,and do the exact same thing
with the aux using a different kind of effect and using the aux knob for that.
I always usually have reverbs through the eff and a delay unit going through the aux.
I guess you could put a comp through the aux.I would have the aux knob fully open and use the controls on the comp. for the output.
It's alla bout experimenting and what sounds good to you.

j.harv thank you. That was actually a very helpful answer in that I was doing the same thing with the same results, just couldn't figure out why it worked that way. I'm guessing the two are distinct busses.

Aux has a Pre/Post button. EFX doesn't.

I'm trying to recall what you can do with the Aux controls in pre fader mode.

Found it.

With the Pre/Post button in the default (Pre) position you can use the Aux send to provide separate headphone/monitor mixes of each channel, as in the pre fader position the signal going to the headphone amp is unaffected by the faders.

You can also use it in the default position for groovy reverb/echo effects during mixdown :D

Back