Tascam 38 question

Jmoog

Hello I just recently acquired a Tascam 38 8-Track recorder. I am using it with a Mackie Micro series 1202 12 channel mixer which I am also pretty unfamiliar with.

I've recorded a track on the Tascam and now I am trying to do an overdub onto the Tascam while also monitoring the pre-recorded track through the Mackie mixer. So at this point I am receiving the pre-recorded track through the Mackie and also sending out the new track back to the Tascam through the Mackie. I have tried this using several different routing configurations but I am always getting "bleed" from the track I am monitoring into the track that I am overdubbing.

My question is how would I route my cables in order to overdub onto the Tascam while monitoring tracks already recorded on the Tascam without the pre-recorded tracks "bleeding" into the new track? The mixer has 4 "channel insert" jacks on the back and I have been using them but I am still having a bleed problem. Can anyone help?

This might help.....

Go to the mackie site an look at the manuals: http://www.mackie.com/pdf/1202vlzpro_om.pdf

This manual was the closest I could find to your description. It shows how to do a direct out with a mono plug. Go to the "Channel Insert" topic and look at how they connect using the mono plug. I think if you plug the mono plug all the way into the insert and feed this directly to your tascam 38 your problem should be solved.

Back