Tascam 38 Output Select and Function Led's suddenly went out?

ed_thebear

Hi everybody,
Sometime ago I refurbished this 38 with the help of the forum and it's been working just great. However, you know how life is! 2 nights ago I switched on only to find that none of the led's on the above were working. I was lucky in finding another complete assembly VU and all, but on fitting it. Still no go! On the fuse board a 3.15amp fuse had blown. Black wires go to and from it and the wire numbers either side of the fuse are number 5 and 16. I have replaced the fuse but it blows straight away? I don't know where the wires go or come from as they go into the cluster or whether the fuse is related to the LED problem. Excuse the pun, but can anyone throw any light on this problem for me. It's been a real labour of love restoring the 38 and has been very costly too. I don't want to give up on the machine now if I can help it!
Ed:confused

On some of the output select pcbs the copper traces were too close to the edge of the board and could short to the bracket/chassis holding the pcb.

Oh, thank you very much for your reply!
I will certainly have a good look at this. After all I have taken the unit to pieces quite a few times.
Ed

Back