Tascam 35-2 plays but meters don"t respond

steelman48

The recorder does play but the meters don't show any response. I know the tape I have loaded has music on it, I played it on another machine. I checked the fuses but they seem to be ok and nothing through the headphones. Anybody know anything I may have overlooked? Thanks

Heads/tape path clean? All switches/controls set properly? Is the tape threaded properly? Are all of the guides/lifters functioning properly? Has anything changed since the last time it worked?

The recorder does play but the meters don't show any response. I know the tape I have loaded has music on it, I played it on another machine. I checked the fuses but they seem to be ok and nothing through the headphones. Anybody know anything I may have overlooked? Thanks

You mean it pulls the tape but doesn't produce any audio? Is the tape/source switch in the tape position?

35-2

You mean it pulls the tape but doesn't produce any audio? Is the tape/source switch in the tape position?

Yes, the tape is threaded right and it plays, just no sound. Check all switches and appears to correct. Cables are connected, just doesn't register on meters. I acquired this from and estate sale so I'm not sure if it was working pryor to that. Thanks for your time.

Back