Tascam 34B

Splicit

I found 2 Tascam 34B's in like new condition with NAB hub adapters, manuals and the Tascam metal reels. I've owned a lot of tape decks but not one of these. The guy has a matched pair. Price is $500. What do you guys think? Too high, average, ridiculous? Let me know.

Roger

Roger, you mean $500 for BOTH?:confused: If yes, then that's a mega good deal, depending, of course, on true condition so make sure you check 'em out first. If it's local pickup (always best) then that's even better. Again, this sounds an awesome deal if in fact both recorders are in 'like new' condition and come with all these original accessories.:)

To give an idea, some months back, I came upon a local TASCAM 34 (not 34B - which is newer and has more features), low use, clean, with no hub adapters or reels, with only the manual. I paid $500 for it and thought it was a good deal. Paying a bit extra for actually looking the unit over in person and avoiding shipping, made it a no-brainer. I changed the pinch roller and belt but still this proved a great deal. ;)

BTW, do you have any official word from RMGI why they decided to up their prices, especially on LPR35 and also some SM911?

------

Yes...it's $500 for both and some extra reels of tape. Do you think that's a good price? It;s a local deal. The station bought htem and then barely used them.

Regarding tape: RMG does not tell us lowly dealers...squat!! Well...I take that back.....they tell us when the price is going up and that's about it. No public staement, no official letter to dealers...nothing...just a price increase.
They have not been the easiest company to work with BUT...what are ya going to do if you need tape right? We actually keep our prices as low as we absoultely can. I think it's sad that this stuff has to be as costly as it is anyway. You guys really know about as much as we do. At least you guys talk to each other. In the tape business...dealers won't even communicate with one another. They think every other dealer is a threat. It's too bad.

Roger

Ha! 2 for 5! Good one!!:D:D

But yeah, Roger, grab the 34B's, as it's a really, really good deal, even in reasonable condition but if they're truly "like new" and barely used then it's a deal of the decade!

Hey, Roger, don't be a stranger and do post more often.:)

----

Well..ok...you talked me into it. I'll go and take a look at the tascams.
Please keep in mind that just because Im a tape supplies dealer doesnt mean that Im here just to blow my own horn. Sure...I get excited about new products and would love to share them with you guys because that's what I live for. Questions...please ask. Prices...please ask. Im not much of a technical guy but I love this media as much as anyone.

Thanks, Roger

Back