Tascam 238 3 song demo "The Rondos"

analog aaron

Swami King of Poppers
Hi Guys, Our band (The Rondos) just finished up our 3 song demo that we've recorded in my studioroom on the Tascam 238 (8 track cassette) I wanted to see what ya think. Our style is that of the early punk powerpop late seventies sound. Very melodic and driving......Check it out at:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=413350293

Also, You have my word (and yes, my word is good) this is no link to a virus.....

Thanks guys,
Analog Aaron :D:D:D

Sounds awesome!

What is the track breakdown? Did you do any bouncing? How many tracks did you use for the drums?

-MD

Thank you sir!!!

Thank you much!, We had a lot of fun during the sessions. I know for sure we didn't bounce any tracks (because we couldn't figure out how to do it Haha-Partying while tracking doesn't enhance the brain cells for learning much either! Ha) We started from the back and worked our way to the front in the following manner:

Track 8: R Drum track (Dave)

Track 7: L Drum track (Dave)
Note: 6 mcs were used to mic the drum kit in a stereo mix. (R overhead, L overhead, snare, 1 mic in the center and above the 2 rack toms, Kick, Floor tom)

Track 6: Bass guitar track (Chopper)

Track 5: Rthym guitar track (Ralph)

Track 4: Lead guitar track (Chopper)

Track 3: Lead Vocal (Me)

Track 2: Backing Vocals (Chopper and I singing hamonies 3 and 4 together in
one mic Jagger/Richards style
Track 1: Backing Vocals (Chopper and I singing hamonies 1 and 2 together in one mic same way)
Thanks!!!!

Wow, I'm impressed! The drums sound great, without even considering that you only used two tracks to record them.

Please keep us updated on future recordings,
-MD

Hey, that sounds great!

That showcases the 238 really well! Excellent! Any cassette recording detractors must immediately eat their shoe!:eek::eek:;)

Welcome back!

Come again!!!:eek:;)

Wow, kudos to you!

Great songs, and it's very well mixed too... everything just sits "right". Great job!

I think the cassette format really suits this style of music.

Back