Tascam 1800/Macbook 10.6.8/Reaper

nothgual

Hello!

I'm new to this site and have come with a plea for help. I recently purchased a Tascam 1800 for the purpose of multi-track recording on Reaper. I have the most up to date driver for my system (2.0) and the Tascam is selected as the audio device on both my computer and in Reaper preferences.

When I record, it does show that sound is being recorded. In fact, when I render the recording or turn the Tascam off and set my built in speakers as the output, there is audio (but it is really distorted). However, when I go to playback the recording with my Tascam set as the audio device, the playback line doesn't move. Also, there is no audible sound when I monitor even though the sound is registered on the Reaper mixer.

I also tried the Tascam with garage band and while it does register the Tascam as the sound device, the recording level (input volume) is stuck at zero.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Update: I have gotten it to playback about three seconds of audio, but a red light flashes (which is Reaper's way of saying that the CPU is being overloaded) and the playback skips and is distorted. I'm only playing back one track of me saying "test test" so that shouldn't be happening (also I've recorded on reaper before without the Tascam 1800 and it hasn't done that).

Back