"Tape Speed"

murf214@

Is there a way in Logic to slow down a song just a little to make it easier to sing a high note? I'm having trouble hitting a note that I know I would be able to if I could slow everything down just a hair, which I've down in the past when recording analog. I know I could mess with autotune but I think I can get a better result the old way. Thanks for any help.

You can try playing around with the Sample Editor's Pitch & Time Machine. It allows a user to manipulate both independently if needed. I'll look into other possibilities as well.

Beware though about using this function on large pieces of audio. It seems to cause alot of crashes on our system at the home studio. Just a very resource consuming tool. Make backups before using this or else you may destructively edit your track, logic crashes, then when it comes back up you have to further destructively edit your track to get it back how it was.

I haven't had any crashing issues with the resource, but your comment about destructive editing shouldn't go unnoticed. Most of the functions you'll find in Logic's Sample Editor are destructive, so I would definitely create a copy of the file (not technically a copy, but a new file altogether) you would like to edit, and make all of your edits on the new file.

Back