Tape Rewind

klutzee

lafhlkhdsfluayroeytg
Hey all...fairly new here..........hows it going?

Im looking for a vst that will allow me to make an audio track sound like it is being rewound while the play button is still on...would like for it to start out slow and increase in speed...do I need a plug in or can I create it in my DAW? I can reverse the file no prob...just want the speed to increase...if that makes any since.
Thanks in advance

Hey Klutzee, I use this effect to get the sound of a tape coming to a stop. I'm not sure if you can get the rewind effect from it. But, evenif you can't, you can set the length and speed of the tape stop effect. So, if worse comes to worse, you can record the tape stopping and then reverse it. Might work.

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/826.html

Rami
Thanks for info....
I have been looking into that...actually I downloaded it and unrarred it and the set up file has a .dll extention on it...dont know how to open it!!!!

You have to open it in your DAW. Put the .dll in your VST folder, or whatever folder your DAW recognizes as your plug-in folder. Then call it up as an effect.

bouldersoundguy.........
YES exactly like that!!!!
What did you use?

I used an obsolete two-track editor with a pitch bend effect. First I reversed the track, then I applied the pitch bend with the range set to 24 octaves (+ and - 12 octaves). I started it at 0 (normal pitch) and curved it up quickly to +12 octaves and held it to the end of the clip.

Back