tannoy reveals

gtar02

what are peoples experiences with these? There is a pair in the studio at my school, and they sound decent, but they have been troublesome. They seem to blow speakers easily. We just got I new pair for this semester, because one of the old ones had blown something, and already one of the tweeters was blown on the new one, so we switched it out with the old one, and it was fine. Maybe it was just a mixup. Has anyone else had problems with these?

I've had mine for about a half yeat now (the active ones) and I haven't had any problems. I'm cranking them up quite a bit. Are the one's your using active or passive? It could just be an amp mis match. Or, since it's a school, it could be inexperienced people putting them through ridiculous abuse.

I've had my Actives for about 4 years, and I've never had a problem. I keep them turned on almost 24/7 and I pipe my PC sound through them (yep, all those stupid little Windows sounds come through loud and clear) The only problem is one of the lights is out, but I think it's always been like that. Oh, and a mouse climbed inside and died back when my studio was in the basement of my townhouse.

Blow speakers?! How freakin' hard are these things being pushed? I've had my Reveal Actives for quite a while, and I'm not gentle on them at all but geeze....they don't even come close to losing it.

sounds like you have the passives and your using underwatt'ed amplication.

i blew on of the woofers on mine a while ago, but i think it was just a weird one. Havnt had any problems since. Had them for 3 years.

If you are smaller wats then the speaker can handle the coils actually get hotter then if you were using an amp that has more then enough watage. So check into that.

Danny

Back