Tannoy Reveal passive nearfield trouble

Steal Sessions

I just picked up some Tannoy speakers (Reveal, nearfield, passives) and I openend the box where they came in and one of the speakers have the bobble on top of the tweeter pused in :mad: . I'm 100% confident that this was not done by me while unpacking the speakers, it came out of the box like that. I called the company I got them and they adviced me to try to unpop it using a vacuum cleaner, but I'm not really confident that is a smart thing to do. Any idea's? :confused: Or else I'll have to return them next week. (200mile drive again, I'm not really looking forward to that..).

Thanks for any advice.

EDIT: tried the vacuum idea, doesnt' work. I guess I'm up for another trip next week..

This sucks.

Last edited:
out of box

Steal Sessions said:
I just picked up some Tannoy speakers (Reveal, nearfield, passives) and I openend the box where they came in and one of the speakers have the bobble on top of the tweeter pused in :mad: . I'm 100% confident that this was not done by me while unpacking the speakers, it came out of the box like that. I called the company I got them and they adviced me to try to unpop it using a vacuum cleaner, but I'm not really confident that is a smart thing to do. Any idea's? :confused: Or else I'll have to return them next week. (200mile drive again, I'm not really looking forward to that..).

Thanks for any advice.

EDIT: tried the vacuum idea, doesnt' work. I guess I'm up for another trip next week..

This sucks.

I'm hearing more and more of this Out of Box crap....
Wharfedales several with like blown tweeters, or mis-wired...
I had an RNC arrive fhkd up...the Core Sound store said "complain to FMR"

Hell, I may go back to GCenter at least I can return sht without spending $20 shipping and fhkng time...thats worth a few $?

From reading posts one should do that anyway with monitors,
but the gang hear gives alot of hype over some sht at times...
like frenzy. gearhead addiction.me too.:)

COOLCAT said:
I'm hearing more and more of this Out of Box crap....
Wharfedales several with like blown tweeters, or mis-wired...
I had an RNC arrive fhkd up...the Core Sound store said "complain to FMR"

Hell, I may go back to GCenter at least I can return sht without spending $20 shipping and fhkng time...thats worth a few $?

From reading posts one should do that anyway with monitors,
but the gang hear gives alot of hype over some sht at times...
like frenzy. gearhead addiction.me too.:)

Jup, I'll have to return the speakers I guess, the one that looks like it should be looking, without a pushed-in dome sounds really nice. The pushed-in one sounds like all sound above 3kHz is 12 db less loud than it should be, a real bummer. Well,it's going to be difficult to return them I'm afraid, since I lost the receipt that I got saturday :o . Damn, I'm an asshole sometimes. If it works and I'm allowed to return them without the receipt I'll have them open the box and I'll check the speakers myself before I start the trip home again.

UPDATE: I contacted Musik Produktiv and they told me that I can come and exchange the speakers. I'll do that tomorrow..

Last edited:
great...thats one for the
brick n' mortar stores...swap it out easily.

deepwater/selling whafs and KRK's..
he'll take care of it, i'd trust that.

still in limbo, KRKRP8's wish i could sound check some more types.
GC doesn't have much, and I odn't have extra cash to ship sht back/forth.

COOLCAT said:
great...thats one for the
brick n' mortar stores...swap it out easily.

deepwater/selling whafs and KRK's..
he'll take care of it, i'd trust that.

still in limbo, KRKRP8's wish i could sound check some more types.
GC doesn't have much, and I odn't have extra cash to ship sht back/forth.

I read that deepwater/whaf thread too late.. also sending them to europe might not be so efficient (shipping/AC power ect..). I'm happy with my Tannoys, much better than the old bookshelf speakers I had before..I just recorded my own band and have one offer to record another.. If I'm still happy doing this in a year or 2 and get better @ it I might switch again, but for now and the coming year or so I can work fine with my Tannoys I guess...

Back