Tannoy Active Reveals...

DJ BIZZ-E

Yo what's up everybody...I am looking for some Bi-Amplified Monitor Speakers and was wondering if the Tannoy Active Reveals were any good...I can't deny that they are looking very good, but looks aren't everything of course...I'd like to know who is using Tannoy's and if they are content with them...I also want to know what records have been mixed with Tannoy Reveals...(preferably Hip Hop records!). And which professional studio's/producers are using them...

Tannoy has been making speakers for over 70 years now..With all this experience they must have good speakers..(I think and hope).Anyway...I hope to get some useful responses to my questions..

Thanks a lot to everyone who's reading/responding (to) this...

PEACE

DJ BIZZ-E
The Hip Hop Junkie...
(c) 2000.

PS: I Love this forum...

My E-mail: djbizze@hotmail.com

About 2 months ago I went nearfield shopping (finally chucked the NS-10s - yay!!!!) and it came down to the Tannoy Reveals and Event PS6s.... I preferred the Events, but the Tannoys sounded excellent too...

BUT anyways, you should be listening/comparing with your ears, not someone else's opinion!!!

Good luck!

Bruce Valeriani
Blue Bear Sound

TANNOY REVEALS

I have a pair of passive Reveals and they are very tight, detailed speakers. However, you say that you're going to be mixing HIP HOP on them? As these speakers are basically of the very flat response variety, what you hear is what you play - virtually no embellishment of the sound. So if you do buy them, don't try and make them sound like 15" Woofers, because they're not. Saying that, the bass response is very honest, if not a little modest. I make Garage and Drum and bass when I'm not composing and recording contemporary material, and they suit me fine. Good solid monitors. Cheers

Back