Talk with Silence

DenDaj

One more track with cajon. I played glockenspiel also.
All instruments were recorded live (not VST). Instead drums.

You've lost some of the bell like clarity of the glok - how did you record/process it?
Sounds OK.
AFter the long intro neither the progression nor melody develop into something satisfying.

I recorded the glockenspiel with AKG Percepton 170 with a height of 30 feet, aimed directly at the middle. LP about 450 Hz and cut 12 kHz by 3db. Compressed 8:1 , attack 3ms, release 120 ms. I'm thinking to add a vocal part. My wife promised to write lyrics :). Maybe a vocal will change the vibe :)
By the way. If someone want to write lyrics and vocal part - I'll be glad :)

nice! I like the glock sound a lot, it reminded me a little bit of mike oldfield, nice to hear some minimalism. If I could change anything I'd make the glock a tiny bit less bright at around 12-14kHz, apart from that the mix is very good.

I think the intro bells sound great but I think they are little too loud, but they sound the right level once the rest of the band is in. Good sound on the acoustic too. I think its a soothing instrumental and the mix sounds pretty good. Going on what Ray said, it did pick up a little once everything kicked in but it probably could have had a little energy when it did. But it's all subjective to your writing style. I liked the breaks too...nice touch.

It's beautiful. I listened twice. :)
Only one question. The C# seems to not ring out most of the time, but sometimes does. Do you have a bad pad under the bell?

image.jpg
It's beautiful. I listened twice. :)
Only one question. The C# seems to not ring out most of the time, but sometimes does. Do you have a bad pad under the bell?

Maybe it's because the glockenspiel is very simple, or maybe my left hand doesn't beat as it should :)

This has a very nice feel to it. Mix sounded pretty good to me too. Pleasant melodies. I supposed I wished for more in some places as it got a little stagnant for me but for instrumental/background music this sounds good.

Back