Talk Box W/ Midi Controller

mistahx505

Yes another talk box question. Not to familar with them but, plan on getting one soon, But i know for 1 you have to have a instrument with it to work and i do plan on using a keyboard. But I only have a midi controller, and i run it with reason. But can a midi controller be used with a talk box is my question? thanks.

No. Talkbox works with audio only. If your MIDI controller is also a synth, then it will do. If not, then you'll have to route some output from Reason into the talkbox, and then back into the soundcard... but I thought you can't record external signals into Reason?

Are you talking about a wind controller by any chance? Talkbox is audio only as Noisewreck said but there are wind controllers which work with midi gear

I use a tx81z(yamaha) and I run the output into a fender frontman amp(need an amp) then the out put of that goes into the talkbox
So if you wanna use reason use your output on your computer and run a chord to an amp...Low level amp 35w-50w is more then enough or ya run the risk of ruining your talkbox.so from there the output of the amp goes into the talkbox and now you can play the talkbox..Use some type of saw or some basses or leads work best,and only mono...no chords

Back