Taking your advice - Real Violin re-mix

Now that's better!

Still a little heavy at the beginning, but perhaps that is just to capture her attention. The rest of it is very nice. I really like the new part under the guitar solo--very tasteful. I think the entire piece is great with the violin added.

Good luck and I hope she doesn't get pissed off because you were messing with her stuff. Some artists are strange. Some will be flattered, others get pissed--Only way to find out is to approach her and see.

I though the violin track could use a little ambience or reverb to make it blend better with the original track.

Great performance!

Dear little helping ears ...

Sloop : Although I did reduce the level in the beginning, with that first entrance by almost 2db, I left it a touch heavy, yes, to get her attention. And I agree about 'messing' with another artists music, it's a risk. But she has had a cellist perform in the studio on her album, and she was part of a live performance of a string quartet and one of her primary tunes. She's open-minded, but it's still a risk, she might think the part really sucks, or the tone I have for the instrument stinks ... or that the mix sucks and then it's all of ya'lls fault :-) ...

All I really want to do here is show her I can play this instrument and that there is a role for this instrument in 'her show', her live show. How to impress upon an artist that 'they' can have control of the instrument and how it is used, and that this is NOT what MUST be ... is another issue I'm working on.

Thanks for the second listen, I really appreciate it.

Phyl : Yeah, matching the sound of the actual room they are in is the trick. I will probably do a final mix based upon that idea after studying and reviewing her other live recordings at that venue.

Very well done. I thought the parts you played accentuated the song very well and added some hooks of their own. For its purpose I think it will do fine-along side those semi nasty sounding direct sounding guitars. A bit of reverb wouldnt hurt I guess-Hope it works out for you-I bet she'll be flattered at your-time spent to learn her song and put this together. Good luck.

I agree that it could use a bit of 'verb. Also....you want it up in the mix like you have it so she can clearly hear it.

I think maybe you should include a second recording with this so she'll have something else that shows off your chops. On this...you had to hold back a lot to avoid stepping on her or the guitar player and while it shows that you can play complementary to her....it doesn't show off your skill level much.
So I think I'd also record something in this style with a bunch of violin in it so you can also show her you can stretch out.

BTW....what part of La.?

Lt. Bob said:
I agree that it could use a bit of 'verb. Also....you want it up in the mix like you have it so she can clearly hear it.

I think maybe you should include a second recording with this so she'll have something else that shows off your chops. On this...you had to hold back a lot to avoid stepping on her or the guitar player and while it shows that you can play complementary to her....it doesn't show off your skill level much.
So I think I'd also record something in this style with a bunch of violin in it so you can also show her you can stretch out.

BTW....what part of La.?

What Lt said....
Good playing man...
Damn....we got us some good fiddle players here at HR :D
Joe

DavidK

I need to get in touch with DavidK, anyone who hears from him please send him my way.

Thank all of you for listening. As I have recieved compliments on my playing from some folks who are used to listening to DavidK, I really am honored.

As my primary instrument is viola, I really need to hook up with DavidK and the cellist he hangs with.

DOBRO ! HELP !

:-)

Re: DavidK

studioviols said:
I need to get in touch with DavidK, anyone who hears from him please send him my way.

At your service.

Very nice, I like it.:cool:

I would agree with the others, it is a bit dry. Also, at the solos near the end, I would stay out of the way more, perhaps not play at all. Cheers.

Thanks for listening

Hey David, nice to make contact with you, I hope you and your cellist friend and I can collaborate on something for one of the singer-songwriters here.

Let's see, your 38 tracks of violin. 10 More from me, with two different instruments. 30 Tracks of viola with 2 different violas. 15 tracks from your cellist friend, and 10 more from me ...

That ought to make a good enough orchestral sound for our mates out here wot ?

Cheers !

Back