Take A Listen

Excellent stuff! The guitars sound very big. If there were other instruments in the mix, I'm sure they'd occupy too much of the spectrum, but they sound great where they're at. I think the vocal performance is very good too. I'm hearing a few artifacts though, and I'm not sure if it's the 128 bit encoding or the vox effects (flange?).

Outside of that, I don't think they "need" much at all. You could drop in some subtle shakers or try to thicken up some of the lead parts for contrast, but that's all I can think of.

Great stuff, man!

Dick???

I am not trying to be a dick, but you should really run this post in the mp3 mixing clinic. I think you would get a lot of hits over there!!

dick.

:P Yeah, the mp3 clinic will get WAAAY more listens... I think even I got a few listens. or did I? I don't remember. anyways. Tons of very good people there.

I listened to Hey Hey. Great tune and performance. I'm not a big fan of direct acoustic recordings but you got a good sound. I would still prefer a mic'ed guitar but that is my preferance. Nice balance and mix. Some percussion would be cool.

Okay, I will post this type of stuff in the mp3 clinic next time.

Thanks for the comments. I might lay down some percussions in the future but my studio set-up is new and just did these recordings as a practice. I dont have any flange on the tracks but I did put a tiny bit of chourus on the guitars. My set-up at the time of these recordings was pretty simple. Alesis 32 board or joe meek vc6q => delta 1010 => nuendo. I used a joe meek vc6q on the vocal tracks. As for mics, I used a MXL 67. It was the only mic I had at the time.

Thanks all

Back