Take a listen

vox

A lot of people wonder how good their rig can sound if they get 'this' or 'that' piece of gear, so I thought that you guys might be interested in hearing these samples that I came across while checking out a SansAmp (no I don't work for them). They were apparently done on some pretty low cost gear and when I heard them I was impressed.

The gear list and credits are:

All tracks written, performed and/or programmed by Frederic St-Gelais at "La Chambre" Studio,
Montreal, Canada, on March 8th 1999, using the following equipment:

Tech 21 SansAmp GT2 preamp; Mackie CR1604VLZ console; Alesis ADAT XT recorder, 3630 compressor, Microverb and Midiverb III effects processors and D4 drum module; Ensoniq ASR-10 sampler (used as a MIDI controller); BOSS DD-5 digital delay and CE-2 chorus FX pedals; Tascam DA-30 DAT recorder; Pentium 200mmx running sequencer, audio editor and mp3 encoder programs; Yamaha Pacifica 120 and 112 guitars, and Yamaha RBX 260 bass.

Take a listen:

Those clips sounded great.
I did a little searching and found Frederic St-Gelias' website. Here's the link...

http://www.wannabex.com/

Check out his MP3's and also the "Press" section. It goes into detail about how he recorded and mixed his tracks.
This guy is pretty good. I like his stuff. :)
He's no Teddie, but he definitely has some talent!

Last edited:
Nice. Although I wouldnt bet on the music, the sound is totally there, except for the snare in the 2nd clip. Very nice hihat in the third clip.

Back