Take a listen to my first time.

hey, not bad for a first attempt. The performance is good but you should work on the sound of your individual instruments - for instance the drums sound quite weak for the type of track - try some eq and compression.
The delay on the guitar sounds a little off as well, but good work keep it up...

AH!! Thank you! Everyone keeps talking about the vocals being too loud. I kinda agree but I still want them to stand out.
The drums are what really pissing me off. Notice the kick? It’s weak but what you hear is really some parametric eqing to bring it up. It was recorded low. I didn’t think it was so bad because I never recorded drums before. But when you add the music it’s like, “Kick? What kick?” I couldn’t get the drummer to re-record so I had to make do. The toms actually are also affected by the eqing and sound, to me, odd in the part where the drums are alone. But I look at it as “nice solo effect” for the drums. I like the snare. I recorded all the drums to a stereo track so I couldn’t play with the individual items later. :eek:

As far as the guitar. That’s a bit odd. What I think happened is when we were recording I got timing from the bassist. So I did all the instruments to that. Then Mr. Vocalist said it’s too slow. So I recorded him slow and brought up the speed on the final track. The guitar really seems off then. It wasn’t so bad when it was slower. I figure the delay was for “the actual” speed so him playing slow and me speeding up just really messed it up. But I didn’t think it was so noticeable. In fact I find when the other instruments are there it kinda gets lost.

Thanks for the comment.

Pretty cool tune. Sounds like the drums could use some punch, as diablodavo mentioned. Overall, good track. Just work on the mix a bit more to give it that punch this type of music needs, and you got it. Good job.
Ed

Thanks man. But what exactly you guys mean about the drums? I mean I’m mostly lamenting the lack of kick. Anything else you all mean?

Sounds like you need to retrack the kik drum and maybe the guitars, but it is really hard to tell from this bad MP3 over compression.
The clean guitars sound to me like they have been recorded direct, am i right.
Sounds not bad though considering.
Keep at it.

You actually noticed the clean guitars? That’s not the delayed thing right? All the guitars were recorded by micing this 15watt piece of crap with a SM-57. All the distorted stuff is two guitars per left and two for the right.
What exactly abut the guitars you don’t like?

Oh. Btw.
Can anyone actually download the song? I’ve been getting an error trying to do that.
Plus, leave comments on the site as well if you registered with my space. I could check out your stuff too.

i cant download it...yeah i would retrack and bring up the kick, snare, distortion guitar a bit.....so thats how yall get down in trinidad? hmmm I may have to mark that on my places to visit list

Up the distortion? What if I lower the vocals? Isn't the problem mainly with the vocals? Correct me if you think otherwise.

Actually there is pretty good rock scene down here. But it is kind of in the shadows. Down here is more reggae and rap and stuff. PLENTY SOCA!!!!!

Back