Tab Downloads

MrStitch

I'm sure i'm not the only one that's asked this, and I used the search feature but didn't come up with anything.

Guitar player here trying to find official tabs. I know i can buy the sheet music, but i'd rather not wait. When you got kids and a sudden moment to practice, i need it now! hahaha More importantly, I don't wanna have to buy tabs for an entire album just for one song... get's rather expensive.

I wouldn't mind paying either. Was hoping there was some type of site or software application that would allow me to pay a couple bucks a song. Totally worth it imo, to get quality tabs instead of the junk i see posted on some of those free sites (i seriously think drop D tuning has ruined some of these kids' perspective on music). Suggestions?

Tabs are pretty useless as they all seem to be tabbed out by tonedeaf morons with a notation to use some strange tuning and the wrong key. Your best bet is to search youtube. Once you weed through the posers you can usually find at least one person that can show you how to play the song correctly.

i've actually found some good tabs just doing a google search. i've found some really crappy ones too. i hit the tab sites AND youtube if a tune is giving me trouble.

i've actually found some good tabs just doing a google search. i've found some really crappy ones too. i hit the tab sites AND youtube if a tune is giving me trouble.

I agree completely. There are some excellent tabs out there and some shit ones as well. Same as castlerock, I use youtube if I get stuck on something I can't work out. Works pretty well but is time consuming.

You can lift and download the youtube videos and convert the code over and slow them down using an editing program...the only thing you cannot do is change the angle.

Check out Powertabs.

It requires a download of the free software to view it. They were shut down for a long time but the website says they're going to start downloads again (or already have). I don't have the software installed at the moment so I can't confirm.

The software will actually play the tab via midi, making it possible for the insanely musically-illiterate tone deaf children who make tabs hear the aural travesty that they're putting on paper. This is no guarantee of quality, but in my experience it did actually cut down on the crap. Don't expect 100% accuracy with the rhythm, but it's usually close enough for educational purposes.

Again - I haven't used their stuff in ages. I'm guessing the downloads were shut down like 2-3 years ago, but looks like they're up and running again.

For free tabs go to tabrobot.com and it will direct you to sites with the songs you are looking for (some sites have shut down). Some tabs are inaccurate and that takes your ears to determine, or what I like to do is go to musicnotes.com and you can compare the tabs to the tabs they sell (at least what fits on one page cause that all you can view for free). So if you want more official tabs you can buy them at musicnotes.com and print it out instantly.

Another source for tabs to buy is licklibrary.com which has videos and I would think tabs (I've never actually bought any so I'm not sure.)

I also think guitar player magazine has started something online where you can purchase tabs.

A lot of people seem to bash tabs, but for those of us who are busy with families this seems to be the quickest way. I just check the tabs by using more than one source to get a more accurate idea of how the song is actually played. (And youtube is a good source for that also, especially if you can get a vid of the original artist doing the song).

Back