T-Racks not recognizing tracks in SF 6.0

johnnyfever

Drummer and Pipedreamer
Recently upgraded from Sound Forge 4.0 to Sound Forge 6.0. Last night I recorded some tracks in SF 6.0. I then went to master them with my T-Racks mastering program and had problems with T-Racks recognizing that the tracks actually had audio on them. When I went to insert the individual track into t-racks, it would not give the length of the track in t-racks so basically it was telling me that there was nothing there (even though you could play the individual tracks through Sound Forge).
I finally got the t-racks to recognize the files by using the Smooth/Enhance feature. I enhanced the tracks +1 (without clipping). After I modified the tracks with this, I was able to re-insert the tracks into t-racks and master them.

Am I doing something wrong here?

I have had the same problem once in awhile. Its seems it doesn't read the file correctly, I have had to uninstall/install to get it to work. Its usually happens after a stack error or something has a conflict with the sound card. Sometimes SF doesn't let go of the card so T-RackS can use it for playback.
I don't know of a fix because its too inconsistant when it happens.

SoMm

Back