Synthesizers

Nugagerube

I am looking for a good synth, cost around 400-500 U.S. dollars, a keyboard synth, I'd like it to have cool effects. I am going making electronic music. IDMish. Black Dog and Aphex Twinish (I realize neither of them probably use synths I just want to give you an idea of the sound I want). Or the Carbon Based lifeforms is a good example of the sound I want. If you have ever heard of the C.D. Artificial Intelligence relased by Warp (a collection of tracks from different artist) I would like to be that kind of music.

You will definitely be better off searching used. But it sounds like you would be better off with Reason 5.0. Great for electronic music.

I am looking for a good synth, cost around 400-500 U.S. dollars, a keyboard synth, I'd like it to have cool effects. I am going making electronic music. IDMish. Black Dog and Aphex Twinish (I realize neither of them probably use synths I just want to give you an idea of the sound I want). Or the Carbon Based lifeforms is a good example of the sound I want. If you have ever heard of the C.D. Artificial Intelligence relased by Warp (a collection of tracks from different artist) I would like to be that kind of music.

The Korg MS2000 (keyboard synth) / MS2000R (rack) / MS2000BR (rack) is an excellent analogue modeling synth in that price range.
Great effects, & sequencer. The distortion is phenomenal for IDM.

Also The Roland JP8000 (keyboard synth) or JP8080 (rack) is a great choice as well.
Or the Roland SH-32 (desktop)

look up m-audio's venom....its cheap but its sounds are as dirty as you can get and some superb modeling imo..

I havent bought one yet but after seeing so much praise online and in magazine reviews I had to try one out and I think it sounds blinding for the price....it also has a keyboard, so not just a desktop synth, though dont expect piano action lol. As an added bonus it can be used as an audio interface and run m-powered pro tools.... all for $400!

Its on my shopping list when I get home :)

look up m-audio's venom....its cheap but its sounds are as dirty as you can get and some superb modeling imo..

I havent bought one yet but after seeing so much praise online and in magazine reviews I had to try one out and I think it sounds blinding for the price....it also has a keyboard, so not just a desktop synth, though dont expect piano action lol. As an added bonus it can be used as an audio interface and run m-powered pro tools.... all for $400!

Its on my shopping list when I get home :)

Funny you mentioned the VENOM,..I just tried it out for the first time a couple weeks ago at Daddy's Music
in Boston. I ended up tweakin' that thing for about an hour before I ended up leaving the store.
Yes,..Nice dirty, gritty sounds. I too, may have to put that on the list.

yeah shocking sounds for the price.....they didnt have a lappy so i could try out the editor, but even then it sounded excellent, the editors going to open it right up..they have sampled the waves from every great synth since the year dot...could be an under the radar cult classic I reckon :)

Back