Synth Modules

LMENDAT

Okay, I know this sounds stupid but can anyone tell me exactly what a synth module is. Specifically I would like to know if I can connect this to say a Roland (midi) keyboard and use new sounds (provided by the synth module?)in my recordings. Can anyone clear this up.

Any recommendations with regards to what lends itself to a very small low budget home studio would also be appreciated.

Len

A module is in layman terms- a box filled with sounds that you can connect to a midi keyboard and play the sounds of your choice which is what you want to do.

Most modules come with out a keyboard or sequencers unlike
worksation synth's

[This message has been edited by Shailat (edited 12-30-1999).]

yep you got it,
Modules are just keyboards without the keys. Alot of musicians will just get a really nice controller (a keyboard with no guts, its just used for triggering the modules via midi) and then just purchase the modules separatly. I think multiple modules may get a bit more complicated once you link a few together. But its more affordable.
I guess the way to find a module that you like is to just go to the store and play the keyboards. Mostly like if you like the sound of the keyboard, there is a module as well.

Back