Syncing 2 analog 4 Tracks

alfugazi

I have 2 analog 4 track machines (Both Tascam) ....Is there any way to sync both of them together? I'd like to record drums on one machine and then bounce those down to 2 tracks on my other machine.

if you just want to bounce to each other, some rca cables should be able to hook the two together... as far as recording and playingback on both simultaneously, i've heard it can be done, but do to varying motor speed and other issues it may be a total pain and possible impossibility

You seem to be having some troubles here.... I think you've posted this same question heree before but a little differently. I seem that you are a little confused about the definition of "sync" With reel to reel machines people used to do it by hand. Really there isn't any other way, so with casette 4 tracks forget it, you'll be chasing youre tail- you might get lucky though....

If you just want to bounce between machines, just get some good cable, but you will still have the degrdation of losing a generation. I'ts easy though. You just need to commit to a mix, not an easy thing to do, it becomes a mind game where you are allways second guessing yourself. Just alwaly get it good on tape the first time- it will make it easier...

-jhe

Back