Synchronization problem with HS7

brickboo

I'm trying to record Sax audio with a midi file in CWHS7. The two tracks won't play-back correctly. I've been told I can't cut and paste or drag and drop either the midi nor the audio track so as to synchronize the audio track with the midi track.

Does anyone know if this is possibe with 2004? I don't want to upgrade if I'd have the same problem with the 2004 version.

Define "won't play back correctly". I presume they are out of sync?

You probably have some latency creeping in between your MIDI engine generating the sounds and your sound card capturing the audio.

There is nothing wrong with dragging the dumped MIDI track back in time with your audio.

Never let people call you a "can't".

:) Q.

Support

Q,
Cakewalk support said it couldn't be done.
I've never cut and paste with Cakewalk before but I'll give it a try.

If you would, I'd appreciate it if you could offer a suggestion as to work with moving the audio or the midi if there's an advantage. My email is Brickboo2@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Boo Hargis

I haven't used HS so this might be something specific to it.

In Sonar, I would simply de-select the SNAP TO GRID option and click and drag the audio backwards or forwards in time. Alternately, I would right click the clip, select PROPERTIES and nudge it forward or back a few clicks in time.

What specifically did Cakewalk say couldn't be done? And how old is HS 7?

:) Q.

Q,
I've been owning CWHS7 for maybe 6 to 8 years or maybe more. I play Tenor sax and do sequences with an arranger keyboard for live performance. I use a few midi files that I use CWHS7 to transpose the key delete the melody etc.

So this recording phase is all new to me. I'm trying to figure out whether to use software or a stand alone unit of some type.

It's taken me and a buddy a couple of days just to figure out why Audacity wasn't recording in stereo. I thought my 5 month old Mackie 808s was broken. It turns out the adapter is used to enable two people to listen in seperate earphones.

Any help is appreciated,
Boo Hargis

brickboo said:
I'm trying to record Sax audio with a midi file in CWHS7. The two tracks won't play-back correctly. I've been told I can't cut and paste or drag and drop either the midi nor the audio track so as to synchronize the audio track with the midi track.

Does anyone know if this is possibe with 2004? I don't want to upgrade if I'd have the same problem with the 2004 version.

HS2004 allows you to freely move audio clips so they can be sync'd with MIDI tracks.

Back