sync between adats...

Spider

i posted something in the alesis forum , but maybe it should be here .. I was wondering about syncing up two adat machines ... how does this work? would i be able to have one as a slave to the other , and use one remote for the two.. do they even have remotes?? real new to these ...

Yes you can sync one to the other via the sync cables supplied - you designate one as a master and the other as a slave - yes they do have a remote and it's probably the best remote unit ever. I think it's called the BNC It's the only remote I know of that will talk in Bars and beats. It will generate timecode and send MTC etc.
Cheers

thats great , thanks for that john ... So what happens when i press record on the master , will this activate record on the slave ?? also what about for a mixdown , will play on the master activatye play on tha slave ?? cheers john
spider

yes,hitting record on the master machine will activate record on any rec. enabled tracks on the slave.the slave acts pretty much as an extension of the master.....peace

Yea, there is also the Adult sync. you need a valid credit card and a photo ID that says you are over 18. and alesis will send you special S&M sync cables, and the BRC(bondage remote control). this helps if you are doing the soundtrack and/or over dubs on a pron movie, sorta sets the mood.

There's also the kitchen sync... you run hot water for a warm tube sound; and cold for a brisk, clean tone....

(Who said you can't warm up digital???)

:) :) :)

Bruce Valeriani
Blue Bear Sound

Back