Symphonic drums

cortexx

Hi Guys

I am in need of some symphonic drum samples for a soundtrack I am composing at the moment.

Do any of you have any suggestions ? I have been playing with a DR880 and cant get the sound anywhere near what i want.

I have a roland V-synth that I can load a sample into and play with it if I can find a clean enough example.

The sound im after is the deep resonant sound of the drums in a large orchestra, its for a very medieval sounding piece of music :D

Have you tried the Taiko drums that are in General Midi?
Also, General Midi has Tympani in it that should be usable. So any decent soundcard should have the sound you are looking for.

Tim

StormDrum.

It's like the definitive drum library for movie scoring.

If that's too much though, ChineeKong do some nice traditional chinese drums, not medieval I know but good stuff none the less. If you check their free section you'll find some nice free perc loops that I use all the time for scoring tense and dynamic parts.

I have quite a lot of drum samples I've gathered from online sources over time (about a gigs worth of percussion I guess). If you'd like I could send them all your way (well, not all of em!), just pm me your email. ;)

Back