Symetrix 528 owners: line output etc

teainthesahara

Three questions:

1) Is he 528 (the version with the screws on the back for connections, not the 528E) line output (1/4 jack) balanced or unbalanced?

2) Are the the connections on the back 'normalled' (i.e. all the processors will work with no connections made between the posts)?

3) If you opt to have your eq ahead of the comp in the chain, what pathway are you using (e.g. the sidechain OUT, to the 'line driver eq' IN, then back into the sidechain IN, or alternatively, the de-ess OUT, to the 'line driver eq' IN, followed by the 'line driver eq' OUT to the compressor IN)?

Thanks,

T

teainthesahara said:
Three questions:

1) Is he 528 (the version with the screws on the back for connections, not the 528E) line output (1/4 jack) balanced or unbalanced?

2) Are the the connections on the back 'normalled' (i.e. all the processors will work with no connections made between the posts)?

3) If you opt to have your eq ahead of the comp in the chain, what pathway are you using (e.g. the sidechain OUT, to the 'line driver eq' IN, then back into the sidechain IN, or alternatively, the de-ess OUT, to the 'line driver eq' IN, followed by the 'line driver eq' OUT to the compressor IN)?

I wish I could help ya on number 3, but I've never actually used mine that way. I am curious, though, so I think I'll look in to it.

The Line Output is definitely unbalanced, though, for whatever that's worth . . . and yes, all of the processors will work with no connections made.

Back