SX3 Midi Recording Issues

diablodavo

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone has had hassle free midi recording using sx3?
If I want to record a live part, say using a virtual organ, with my midi keyboard - it will stack the notes at the start of the audio part. The issue can be resolve by restarting cubase and it will record as normal but if I record some normal audio then go back and try and record midi again
I'm back to square one......pain in the arse.

Any ideas????

My colleague's just installed it at his place (I'm waiting to see if it's any more use to me than plain ol' SX before stumping up any cash), but when we tried it after he'd first installed, we found that there was a regular bar-and-a-half delay before it recorded the note we played (i.e. anything played at bar 1 beat 1 would appear at bar 2, beat 3 kinda thing). We tried for ages to sort it out, and then did something which made the studio PC crash.

On restart it was fine.

I'm sticking with ol' faithful for the time being...

I had the same issue with SX 2 as well. I am using an old midi keyboard and the presonus firepod as my interface...
Thanks.

this prob was also in my "old" cubase sx2
It is a Midi port or midi driver Problem because:

My Midikeyboard is connected per usb and per midi. So that I can choose 2 Midi entrances (usb, or from rme Multiface). In Cubase sx2 I had the same problem like you with the usb-port but the multiface port worked flawless!
In my Sx 3 it's inversely, the multiface makes problems but the usb-port works perfect.

If you have an usb-keyboard, try the Midi usb-entrance otherwise the "real" midiport from your soundcard.

sorry!! for my bad english!!

Back