SX2 installed - now Delta 1010 doesn't work??!!

I just received my upgrade from SX1 to SX2. It installed fine, routinely went to the ASIO test, and now I get an error message that says "errorcode ff8-5-000c - device could not be opened." This refers only to the output devices, as when I check buffer size, run simulations for the input stages, it checks fine. Any ideas? I've tried re-installing the driver, and unplugging/replugging the card from the computer.

Chris

Have you tried using the delta uninstaller, uninstall the drivers, uninstall cubase, and reinstall it all?

Thanks, Emeric!

I did all that except for uninstalling/reinstalling Cubase itself. In my other searches, though, I found what sort of amounts to a solution. It is checking the ASIO multimedia driver through the Delta 1010, which doesn't get used anyway when using Cubase, so it doesn't matter if it passes or not, apparently. With Cubase, the ASIO Delta 1010 driver is used.

The outputs (at least the two I use regularly, anyway) seem to be working fine. I'll report back if it's not all okay.

Strangely, though, I emailed M-Audio support the day before yesterday, and as yet, have not received a response from them. I had heard that their customer support was supposed to be rather good. :rolleyes:

Chris

Have you checked M-Audio's website for an upgrade? How about Steinberg's for a SX2 patch?

Daf (happily running VST 5)

Hey, daf! Yeah, I downloaded the latest driver from M-Audio, and I'm using the most up-to-date release of Cubase. (SX2.01.10 - posted Oct 27/03).

I think I'm up and working sufficiently to post some feedback on the new beast this weekend. Speaking of V5, apparently some of the midi features were stripped from 5 in the upgrade to SX1. In SX2, they're back - bigger and better than ever before.

Chris

awwww.....more problems!!!

Still no word back from M-Audio.... grrrr.....

I set up a new project into SX2, and imported an instrumental stereo track to sing over. I selected Delta inputs 1 and 2 to record with (one direct mic and one room mic). Throughout the recording, the music kept dropping out (not just crackling, but actually cutting out), though my processor and disk usage were nowhere near maxxing out. While recording, the graphic of the wav file being drawn was a couple of seconds behind where I was actually recording. Upon playback, the timing of the track was totally off - it started early and ended early. When I moved it up to start at the right time, it still drifted, as though it was recorded at a different speed. The project was set up to record at 32-bit (float), and 96khz. The wav file I imported to sing over was 32-bit float/96. I tried turning off and on the low-latency settings in Cubase. I used the maximum buffer sizes. (2660??)

Something is seriously wrong here, and I believe it is related to the ASIO test, not being able to open devices, warnings that sync may be lost, etc. as I described above.

Please help!!

Oh yeah... and the two new vocal parts I recorded are out of sync with each other, even though they were recorded at the same time!! Grrr.....
One thing I've noticed is that my buffer sizes vary from input to input in the ASIO setup dialog for the Delta 1010. Is this part of the problem, perhaps? What about in the hardware settings - the "reset rate when idle" and "locked" options?

Chris

Hey!

I have no idea what to tell you, but as I'm a new Cubase loser I thought I'd check in with all my new Cubase forum butt buddies!

Any luck yet Chris?

Varying input buffer sizes? It definately sounds like something is going on with the Delta. Did you say you did do a reinstall of the delta? Or you just found a workaround? If you didn't uninstall/reinstall I would try that first.

Just curious...does our old SX dongle work with SX2?

Heard back from M-Audio

Still struggling. I heard back from M-Audio, and they are saying it is a Cubase SX2 problem. Make sure I have the latest patches for Cubase (duh, that's what started this whole fiasco...), and download the latest service pack - SP1A - for WinXP. Apparently it resolves many issues that XP has with USB devices, though I don't know how THAT helps me with the Delta 1010. *sigh...* I'm
going to try it, though, and un-install Cubase, re-install the M-Audio driver, and then re-install Cubase and see if that works.

You do use the SX1 dongle for SX2 - you just need to update the licence on-line. My music computer is not connected to the net, but I still had no problem moving it to another computer to update it, then put it back in my music computer.

Chris

Back