SX2 and Delta1010 - thought I had it fixed, but still no

Hi there;

Okay.... I did all these things - Refreshed my install of Win XP, Updated to the Service Pack 1 (recommended by the tech at M-Audio support), put in the latest driver (the 29 one, not the 27), and did the XP optimizations. I have also uninstalled Cubase SX2 completely, re-installed the Delta 1010 drivers, and re-installed SX2, including the latest patch from the Steinberg website.

It now passes the ASIO multimedia test, but using the Delta 1010 driver in SX2, I'm still having big problems.

To virtually eliminate the possibility of the problem being my computer maxxing out on disc usage or processing power, I bounced all my tracks down to a stereo track and created a new Cubase project, imported the bounced stereo mixdown, and tried to record two audio tracks over top. I'm not using any plug-ins. I'm still getting huge dropouts, and each time it drops out, the timing is knocked out too. A couple of drop-outs, and I'm recording about a full second behind where I'm supposed to be!! A couple more, and it just keeps getting worse.

I have a client that comes every Sunday. Tomorrow will mean a second cancellation due to all of this!

Please help!

Chris

That's exactly what I'm about to try. Hopefully, all will settle back to functionality. After all the crap I've been through, I'll be surprized if it works. :(

Chris

Have you downloaded the Uninstal patch for your Delta 1010 from the Maudio site? when you manualy uninstal a lot of shit gets left in your registry.

Back